Players to watch for Long Beach Poly
- 6-1 Sr G Jasmine
Dixon( Rutgers, #26 Hoopgurlz.com)
- 5-8 Sr G April Cook (Wazoo, #84 Hoopsgurlz.com)
- 6-3 Jr C Monique Oliver (#5 Hoopgurlz.com)
- 6-0 Jr F Kelli Thompson (#36 Hoopgurlz.com)
Players to watch for St. Paul Central
- 5-10 Sr W Kiara Buford (
, #78 Hoopgurlz.com) Minnesota
- 6-2 Sr C Georgie Jones (
, #94 Hoopgurlz.com) Marquette
- 5-11 Sr PF Megan Howard, 13.1 PPG, does all the dirty work inside for them
- 5-9 Jr G Theairra Taylor, 13.5 PPG, talented guard who some think may be better than Taylor Hill.
LeFlore comes in at 15-1 was #14 nationally and had beaten #6 Montrose Christian (Kevin Durant's alma mater) before a 69-66 loss in OT to Milwaukee Vincent last week in Milwaukee broke a 22 game winning streak. Princeton comes in at 6-2 ranked #7 this week in 3A. I had the pleasure of watching LeFlore play twice last week so I'm looking forward to seeing them play again. Due to the talent difference between the teams don't expect LeFlore stars Nick Williams and Demarcus Cousins to play much. They only played 16 minutes in a 28 pt blowout of a solid Milwaukee Pius XI team with
Game 2: Mobile, AL LeFlore vs Princeton, 12:00 PM
Players to watch
- LeFlore 6-3 Sr G/F Nick Williams (
, #145 Rivals.com), 22.5 PPG Marquette
- LeFlore 6-9 Jr C Demarcus Cousins (#4 Scout.com, #5 Rivals.com) 18 PPG
- Princeton 6-10 Sr C Jared Berggren (
#80 Scout.com, #58 Rivals.com) Wisconsin
Game 3: Memphis, TN White Station vs Cass Lake-Bena, 2:00 PM
Now the fun begins. White Station comes in at 9-6 but they have stud guard Joe Jackson. Cass Lake-Bena comes in at 4-1 ranked #1 in Class A after a loss to #1 in 2A Crosby-Ironton. CLB's style is fun to watch, especially when they hit shots. If their 2-3 trap can contain Jackson, this game could be interesting. But if CLB's defense doesn't generate turnovers, it could be a long day.
Players to watch
- White Station 6-0 So G Joe Jackson (#7 Rivals.com), 25.9 PPG. Offered by Memphis, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas A&M.
- White Station 6-7 Jr W Ferrakohn Hall (#70 Scout.com, Rivals.com #60). Averaged 14.0 PPG last year at Memphis University School. Offered by Memphis and Tennessee.
- CLB 6-0 Sr Travis Huesers
- CLB 6-0 So PG Martin Wind
- CLB 6-5 Sr Joel Salscheider
- CLB 6-5 Sr Nate Salscheider
Game 4: Hyattsville, MD Dematha vs Hopkins, 4:00 PM
This should be a very interesting game with one of the most storied programs in the history of high school basketball coming in. Too bad Morgan Wooten has retired. Dematha comes in 7-2 while Hopkins is 7-0 and #2 in 4A with a win over #1 3A Benilde-St. Margaret's. Both teams are young and have good guards. Mike Broghammer will need to be big for the Royals to win.
Dematha players to watch
- 6-5 Jr SG Naji Hibbert (#61 Scout.com, #54 Rivals.com), offered by Miami, Syracuse, Texas A&M, Xavier, Marquette, Maryland and Clemson
- 6-2 So G Josh Selby
- 6-2 So G Marcus Rouse
- 5-10 Fr G Quinn Cook
Hopkins players to watch
- 6-4 Jr G Trent Lockett (Arizona St commit, #97 Rivals.com)
- 6-8 Jr PF Mike Broghammer, offered by Iowa, UW-Green Bay, NDSU and Colorado St.
- 6-4 Jr F Raymond Cowles, offered by Loyola, Ill, Northern Iowa, Western Michigan, UW-Green Bay and UW-Milwaukee.
- 7-0 Sr C Anthony DiLoreto (Cal Poly signee)
- 5-11 Jr PG Marcus Williams
- 6-4 So G DJ Peterson
The Vikings return to the shootout with an 11-4 record, but 3 of those losses have been to nationally ranked teams. Jrue Holiday is a smooth a player as you'll find and he plays smart. But he can score at will. Minnetonka is as deep as any team around with 10 legit players. They come in 8-0 and #1 in 4A. Anthony Tucker can be quiet and then he'll beat you late. This game will be up and down and fun to watch.
Campbell Hall players to watch
- 6-4 Sr SG Jrue Holiday (UCLA, #3 by Rivals.com and Scout.com)
- 6-3 Sr PG Dallas Rutherford (mid major player)
- 6-6 Jr F Keegan Hornbuckle (mid to high major player)
- 6-6 So F James Johnson
Minnetonka players to watch
- 6-4 Sr G Anthony Tucker (Iowa), great shooter, super quick release.
- 6-5 Sr F CJ Erickson (Evansville).
- 6-7 Sr F Sedrick McBounds
- 6-6 Sr F Tyler Schilling. Mr Intangibles
- 6-0 Sr PG Andy Burns
- 6-2 So G Cole Stefan
Steve Collins brings his Spartans program back to the shootout at 6-1 ranked #3 in Wisconsin's Division 1 (MN 4A) with star Jeronne Maymon. With a couple of new starting sophomore guards in Vander Blue and Tre Creamer, they really get after people defensively. With the size and quickness of their guards they may have a chance to shut down Jordan Taylor like Hopkins did. BSM comes in 3-1 ranked #1 in 3A with their only loss to Hopkins. Armond Battle vs Jeronne Maymon could be a fun 1 on 1 matchup in this game while Taylor's experience will take on the size and youth of Memorial's sophomore guards. BSM's other guards like Darren Glover and Matt Thomas will have to hit outside shots in this game, but a big game from Stu Neville may be needed to put the Red Knights over the top.
Madison Memorial players to watch
- 6-6 Jr F Jeronne Maymon, #3 Jr in Wisconsin
- 6-3 So W Vander Blue, #10 Soph in Wisconsin
- 6-3 So W Tre Creamer, #19 Soph in Wisconsin
- 6-1 Sr PG Jordan Taylor (
, #109 Rivals.com) Wisconsin
- 6-7 Sr W Armond Battle (
- 6-7 Sr F Stu Neville
- 6-3 So G Darren Glover