- Tartan at STA in a big Classic Suburban matchup. A STA win gives them a chance to force a 3 way tie at the top by beating Sibley at Sibley on Friday. Give me STA in a close one at home, but if Marc Sonnen doesn't get his, this could be a blowout.
- BSM at Cooper in a big North Suburban matchup. The highlight reel game of the night, this game was a doozy last year as Jordan Taylor took over late to give BSM a win. Rodney Williams Jr is just going nuts right now for Cooper (32 vs Fridley on Thursday, 38 vs Tonka on Friday). Cooper in a close one and no rest for the weary as BSM hosts Tonka on Thursday.
- CDH at Hopkins (Boys/Girls doubleheader). I'll take Hopkins in both of these games, but since CDH gave Hopkins a scare last year (at least for 1 half), I wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat of what happened at Mounds View on Friday. Michael Floyd and John Nance have the ability to go off on just about anyone.
- Minnehaha at Concordia. Without Taylor Sparkman, this game loses its luster. I'm taking Concordia by double digits.
- Roosevelt at North. Roosevelt may be 3-0 but they have all the big boys to finish the 1st round of league play starting with this game. North isn't the traditional powerhouse, but I'm not sold on Roosevelt yet. North needs this one to go into the Henry game on Saturday with only 1 league loss. I'll take North in this one by 11.
- Eastview at Jefferson in the Lake. This is where I'll be, Jefferson needs this game to get back to 4-4 in league play with 2 winnable games afterwards to finish the 1st round of league play. Eastview is trying to get back on track after losing 2 straight games to fall to 4-3 in league play and out of the top state polls. But that's misleading as they're still the 2nd best offensive and defensive team in the league (by points for and against). Jefferson may be #1 in points allowed in the league but they're #10 in pts scored. Eastview slows down Aaron Barmore and Moses Alipate and uses their balanced attack to get enough points to win by 9.
Week 9 Tuesday Preview
A big day of hoops as we have the following noteworthy matchups.
Posted by Twin Cities Hoops Czar on 1/21/2008 11:54:00 PM