- Eden Prairie blows out Kennedy 108-65, wow. I'm not surprised that EP won as I've haven't boarded the Kennedy bandwagon quite yet. I'm waiting until they get a quality road win. Next Thursday's game at Armstrong should be interesting.
- Heritage over West Lutheran as Stu Herman only gets 15, but John Hirte gets 25.
- MCA beats SW Christian by only 2 and I'm calling the MCAA race finished.
- Washburn with an important win over North in the Minneapolis City race. Cedric Martin returns with 20 for Washburn. Roosevelt may be 3-0 and on top now, but they have North, Henry and Washburn coming up in the next 2 weeks (2 of those on the road).
- BC over Concordia to go to 6-0 in the Tri-Metro West and 8-2 overall. Definitely the surprise story of the year in the metro.
- CHOF with a nice win over Park Christian.
- CDH comes from 20 down at the half thanks to John Nance to win at Mounds View. Tough one for the Mustangs.
- Lakeville N with a win over Prior Lake after being down 8 at the half.
- Maple Grove with an OT win over Elk River to keep pace with Osseo in the NW Suburban and put everyone else 2 games back.
- Rodney Williams Jr goes nuts for Cooper with 38 but they can't recover from a 17 pt halftime deficit vs Minnetonka.
- Armstrong with a 2 pt OT win at home over Moorhead. That's the Spuds 1st loss.
- St. Anthony gets a nice road win at Minnehaha.
- Central beats Johnson at home, Johnson needs a win on Wednesday vs Como Park to keep from falling behind 2 teams in the St. Paul City race.
- Stillwater blows out Forest Lake to stay undefeated in Suburban East play. Forest Lake has MV and CDH in 2 of their next 3 league games.
- Woodbury holds off Park in a battle of shooting guards. Aaron Meyers gets 22 compared to Jake Lindstrom's 35, but Woodbury's supporting cast gets it done in the win.
- Providence Academy with their 1st win of the season with a win over Trinity. Didn't see this coming with Trinity at all.
- So much for my sleeper pick in the St. Paul City, Arlington. They get blown out at Roseville. This game was close with 6 minutes left before Roseville ran away and Arlington fell apart.
- Props to Richfield for their upset of STMA. I didn't see this one coming at all. Renard Robinson is tough with 26 pts and Jay Sewer has a big 2nd half. STMA had no answer for Richfield's athletes in the loss.
- PACT with a win over Heritage. As stated before, PACT has a nice team. Solid PG, a couple of decent wings and a 6-7 kid inside.
- Wayzata gets a road win over Prior Lake to go to 11-1. A nice under the radar story in the Classic Lake after losing a lot from last year's roster.
Monday: PACT at MCA (Girls), quiet day due to Martin Luther King Day.
Tuesday: Eastview at Jefferson, other games of note CDH at Hopkins (doubleheader with girls), BSM at Cooper in a huge N. Suburban game, Minnehaha at Concordia,
Wednesday: Como Park at Johnson in an important St. Paul City matchup
Thursday: Minnetonka at BSM, the battle of the student sections here could be as good as the game itself.
Friday: Prior Lake at AHA, East Metro Showcase at Johnson, Milwaukee Marshall vs Como Park in the early game, Sioux City Heelan vs Johnson in the late game.
Saturday: North at Henry (1 PM), Burnsville at Edina (6 PM), SW Christian at MN Transitions (doubleheader with girls 5:30)
East Metro Showcase at Johnson
1 PM: La Crosse Aquinas vs Eastview
3 PM: Sioux City Heelan vs Osseo
5 PM: Hope School (Milwaukee, WI) vs Little Wound, SD
7 PM: Johnson vs Milwaukee Marshall
- 76 games (49 MN split 41 boys and 8 girls, 27 WI split 23 boys and 4 girls)
- 33 buildings
- 113 teams (91 boys and 22 girls, 73 MN teams split 60 boys and 13 girls, 35 Wisconsin split 27 boys and 8 girls, 5 outstate split 4 boys and 1 girls)
- 2 Genders
4A: 7 (missing Wayzata, Moorhead and Tartan)
3A: 5 (BSM, STMA, Rocori, Johnson and Como Park)
2A: 2 (SB, Concordia)
1A: 2 (MCA and CLB)