- STA gets a 13 pt home win over Tartan. An STA win at Sibley on Friday forces a 3 way tie atop the Classic Suburban.
- No surprises in the Lake besides Jefferson blowing their game vs Eastview in the game I saw. Tarell Clark still getting it done for Burnsville in a 2 pt win over an Eagan team that I look forward to seeing in the next couple of years with their guards Charlie Baker and Jameson Parsons.
- In the MCAA, Trinity's slide continues with a 1 pt loss to Bethany. SW Christian gets a 2 pt win over West Lutheran to lay claim to 2nd place in the MCAA. I look forward to seeing them on Saturday night at MN Transitions in a fun section 4A matchup.
- Henry only beats Edison by 7. I've heard Edison has the best team they've had in a while but they're 0-4 in the Minneapolis City. North blows out Roosevelt which did surprise me, but the win did not. Roosevelt still has Washburn and Henry in the 1st rotation of league play. North can force a tie for 1st with a win at Henry on Saturday, but they've got their hands full at Wayzata on Thursday.
- Farmington with the 3 pt home upset of Shakopee. New Prague goes on the road and gets a win at Prior Lake, impressive. I'll see Prior Lake in a tough game at AHA on Friday. Red Wing blows out Hutchinson, a nice win, but why was this game played on a Tuesday night. The league should help these 2 schools out with that like the Big 9 seems to do for the Mankato/Winona matchups.
- Cooper with a big win over BSM in the N. Suburban. Rodney Williams still going nuts for Cooper. BSM still needs to find a 3rd scorer with Stu Neville out. Call in "Tall, Tall Kid Tall!"
- MV gets a 3 pt win over Forest Lake. Another loss to a top Suburban East program for the Rangers. They go to CDH next Tuesday.
- Concordia gets a win over Minnehaha, SCL pulls the upset of upstart Brooklyn Center in Tri-Metro action. BC is a great feel good story, but they don't have a quality road win yet. We'll see how good they are as 5 of their next 7 are at Bernard's, CHOF, Breck (1 pt win at home), at Minnehaha (Taylor Sparkman should be back) and at DLS (another 1 pt home win). They end the season at Roosevelt and with home games against MCA and Minnehaha so the easy part of their schedule is over.
- Hopkins blows out CDH and MCA gets a blowout win over Oh Day Aki. Belle Plaine pulls the OT upset over Bethlehem Academy. Bethlehem Academy finishes their regular season with tough games at CHOF and at Holy Family to get ready for tournament play.
Week 9 Tuesday night scoreboard club
Scores that caught my eye from 1/22/08.
Posted by Twin Cities Hoops Czar on 1/23/2008 10:23:00 PM