- Apple Valley goes to Kennedy and pulls the upset by 14. If you would have told me that AV would outscore Kennedy by 15 on the road in the 2nd half and Varmah Sonie had only 3 pts total for the game and AV would win easily, I would've said you're crazy. With Eden Prairie's come from behind win at Jefferson, Kennedy falls a game behind at the midpoint of the Lake season. 3rd tough home loss for Jefferson, they fall to 4-6 and a 3 way tie for 6th in the Lake with Rosemount and Apple Valley.
- Centennial upsets Coon Rapids for their 1st conference win and Champlin Park goes on the road and beats Elk River by 29. Scott Theisen after hitting 9 of 14 3s vs Centennial, hit 11 of 15 3s vs Elk River, WOW! Champlin Park improves to 4-3 and has 3rd place in the NW Suburban (via tiebreak with Coon Rapids). Those teams are 3 games behind Osseo who won what will probably be their last major test until the 5AAAA section final with a 6 pt win at Maple Grove.
- Tough times for New Prague as they lose their 2nd straight in Missota play with a 9 pt loss at Holy Angels. Farmington goes to Hutchinson and loses so that leaves all the expected contenders, AHA, Shakopee and Prior Lake (and Farmington) at the top with 1 loss.
- MCA goes to NLA and gets a tough 2 point win. Another close league win on the road, what does this mean come tournament time?
- Josh Figini with 2 pts (avg 21.4) for Chisago Lakes in a loss to BSM. They fall to a disappointing 3-12 and one of those wins was over Princeton in the season opener. (Czar's note 2/4/08, A very kind reader has informed me that this Chisago Lakes entry is incorrect. See my correction here)
- Roosevelt goes to Columbia Heights (Willie Braziel vs his old school) and wins by 8. CH has now lost 4 out of 5 with Spring Lake Park and a trip to Cooper next Wed looming. I'm looking forward to that game, not just because of Rodney Williams Jr (which is always a treat), but also to see the Hylanders soph G Jacob Thomas who's putting up 23.1 a night.
- Wayzata continues to roll with a win at Hill-Murray. I'll enjoy seeing them next Saturday vs St. Paul Central. Tonka comes in to play them on Friday.
- Braham hangs on for a tough home win over CHOF. The Lions return home tomorrow for a tough one with Brooklyn Center as they finish the most difficult stretch of their schedule. Nice article in the Star Tribune about BC coach Ross Ihry making his kids hit the books.